Please carefully read our privacy practices and do not hesitate to contact us should any questions arise.
Vassos Eliades Ltd (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") is committed to the protection of Personal Data (hereinafter referred to as "PD"), which it maintains for all its customers, associates, suppliers and employees. It is also committed to the collection and processing of PD, always in full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (Regulation 2016/679) (hereinafter referred to as the "Regulation") as well as the relevant applicable law in Cyprus, which governs the collection and processing of Personal Data of Natural Persons.
What is the Company's role in accordance with the Regulation?
According to the Regulation, the Company is the “Data Controller” for all the PD, which it maintains and processes, except in cases where the Company holds the status of the Data Processor on behalf of another Data Controller.
Types of Personal Data Collected
If you are an employee, we may retain your name, personal contact details, such as your phone number and home address, email address, copies of documentation such as passport and identity card, social security number, clear criminal record (for guards), personal banking information and other financial information and any other data which is necessary for the performance of the contract between us, such as your access card number and corresponding password for the purpose of controlling access to the building. In addition, employment records including leaves records and absence or/and medical examination records in cases of an illness exceeding a two-day period. Data obtained from built in the fleet navigation devices (GPS) with regards to the Company's drivers will be also be processed.
If you are a prospective employee to be employed, we may retain your name, personal contact details, such as your phone number and home address, email address, academic qualifications, curriculum vitae and any cover letter you have shared with us for the evaluation of your application, as well as your previous experience.
If you are a customer, we may retain your name, personal contact details, such as your phone number and home address, email address, identity card number, tax ID number, bank card number and if you have proceeded with an online order the details of the products that you purchased.
If you are an associate or supplier, we may retain your name, personal contact details, such as your phone number, home address, email address, your IBAN and the invoices that correspond to you.
Processing of Personal Data
The Company processes the Personal Data of its customers and employees, associates and suppliers, in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation as well as the applicable local legislation, regarding the Protection of Personal Data. The purposes and the reasons for the processing of these data include the following:
- For the Company to comply with any legal obligation (The Law Regulating Companies Providing Administrative Services and Related Matter of 2012 (196(I)/2012), the Income Tax Law and the annual audit (Companies Law) and the Social Insurance Law of 2010 (Law 59(I) 2010)).
- For the performance of a contract to which the customer, the employee, the associate or the supplier are contracting parties or to take measures at their request before the conclusion of a contract.
- For the purposes of protecting the Company's legitimate interests.
- For the purpose of informing you in relation to our products if you have previously provided your consent.
Transmission of Personal Data
The transmission of PD to third parties may occur only when this is necessary in order to fulfil the purpose, which governs each process. Recipients, on a case-by-case basis, may include banks, the social insurance fund, departments of the Ministry of Labour, Welfare and Social Insurance, external auditors, labour inspectors, governmental bodies or/and public authorities, such as the Police, following a written request, or/and associates or suppliers. In any case, all reasonable technical and organisational measures necessary to safeguard your Personal Data will be implemented.
Time and Place of Retention of Personal Data
PD which have been disclosed or will be disclosed by you to us are kept in an electronic and printed form, in one or more files on the Server and in secured storage facilities in our facilities. The maintenance and processing of the PD of our customers, employees, suppliers and associates will be carried out for as long as this is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which they were collected, including the fulfilment of any legal, accounting or other obligations.
For further information and a detailed description please contact the Group's Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
Personal Data Security
All necessary technical and organisational security measures shall be taken to safeguard such Personal Data in accordance with the Regulation from misuse, interference, modification or disclosure.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time by publishing the revised (detailed) policy on our Website: https://vassoseliades.com/.We recommend that you periodically review this Policy, in order to be informed on how we use and protect your Personal Data.
Rights in relation to Personal Data within the EU
The rights you have with regards to the PD, in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation and the applicable law, include the following:
(Please note, however, that these rights are not absolute and, in some cases, subject to conditions as defined by applicable law)
- Right of access – Right of access to your PD, but also the right to be provided with a copy of the data retained and undergoing processed.
- Right to Rectification– You have the right to require the rectification of any incomplete and/or inaccurate personal data concerning you.
- Right to Be Forgotten - You have the right to request the erasure of PD where one of the following grounds applies:
- the PD are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- In the event that the processing is based on your consent and you have withdrawn that consent (on which the processing is based) in accordance with Articles 6.1.a and 9.2.a of the Regulation and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- If you object to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- PD have been unlawfully processed;
- PD have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in the Union law to which the Company is subject;
- PD have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8(1).
- Right to Object – You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time, to processing of personal data concerning you, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms.
- Right to restriction of processing – You reserve the right to request a restriction of PD processing so that we no longer process this information (e.g. until the accuracy of the PD is verified or the reason for its processing is established) and until the restriction is lifted.
- Right to data portability– You have the right to request the transmission of your own PD, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, in specific cases, you have the right to have the right to transmit those data to another controller, if such transmission is technically feasible.
- Right to object and automated individual decision-making, including profiling – You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Right to withdraw consent – In the limited circumstances, which you may have consented to the collection, processing and transfer of PD for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw it at any time. The withdrawal shall be applicable only in cases where it does not affect
- the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- any processing is carried out on another legal basis.
- In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your Personal Data violates the applicable data protection law.
Although reasonable efforts will be made to satisfy your request, we reserve the right to reject such access requests or impose restrictions or requirements following such requests, where required or permitted by the applicable law.
For Further Information: If you have any inquiries with regards to the use of the personal data of the employees, customers, associates and suppliers described above, but also for the exercise of any of your rights, you may contact the Company's Data Protection Officer:
Name of Data Protection Officer: Stylianos N. Christoforou
Εmail: [email protected]
Submission of Complaints: If you are not satisfied with the Company's handling of your own PD or believe that the requirements of the Regulation may not be fully complied with, you should first contact the Company's Data Protection Officer and if not satisfied you may file a complaint with the Commissioner for the Protection of Personal Data at http://www.dataprotection.gov.cy
Nicosia, May 2020
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by us and called first party cookies. We also use third party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting – for our advertising and marketing efforts.
Cookies do a lot of different jobs, such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that the advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
- Assisting you in navigation;
- Assisting in registration to our events, login, and your ability to provide feedback;
- Analyzing your use of our products, services or applications;
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts. (including behavioral advertising)
We classify cookies we use in the following categories:
Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to enable you to move about the site and to provide certain features you have requested. For example, to save products that you have put into your shopping cart. For these cookies, we do not need your permission.
Performance and Analytics cookies: These cookies gather information on how you use the website. For example, which sites you visit most frequently and whether you are receiving error messages from them. These cookies do not compile information that would identify you. All data compiled by these cookies are aggregated and are therefore anonymous. These data are used only to enhance the site's functionality.
Targeting (Marketing) cookies: These cookies are used to (1) deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests; (2) limit the number of times you see an advertisement; (3) help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign; and (4) understand people’s behavior after they view an advertisement. They are usually placed on behalf of advertising networks with the site operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a site and quite often they will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can opt-out of each cookie category (except mandatory cookies) by clicking on the “cookie settings” button.
Within these four categories, cookies are classified as either session or persistent cookies. “Session” cookies are temporary and once you close the browser window, they are deleted from your device. “Persistent” cookies remain on your device for a longer period and are used by the website to recognize your device when you return.
List of cookies we use:
Below is a list of the types of cookies used on our web sites:
Performance (i.e. User’s Browser): Our web sites are built using common internet platforms. These have built-in cookies which help compatibility issues (e.g., to identify your browser type) and improve performance (e.g., quicker loading of content).
Security (e.g. Asp .NET) Cookies: If you register for access to a restricted area, our cookies ensure that your device is logged for the duration of your visit. You will need your username and password to access the restricted areas.
Site Preferences: Our cookies may also remember your site preferences (e.g. language) or seek to enhance your experience (e.g. by personalizing a greeting or content). This will apply to areas where you have registered specifically for access or create an account (Deleted upon closing the browser).
Analytical: We use several third party analytics tools to help us understand how site visitors use our web site. This allows us to improve the quality and content on our site for our visitors. The aggregated statistical data cover items such as total visits or page views, and referrers to our web sites. For further details on our use of Google Analytics, see below(Deleted automatically after 2 years if you no longer visit the site).
Our website will set several types of third-party cookie, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies which may be set include:
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.