#StayAhead With New Summit 2+ Smartwatch
Following the successful generational change from Summit to Summit 2 in 2018, Montblanc is complementing its smartwatch line-up with another innovation. Summit 2+ will be the first luxury smartwatch that can directly activate cellular connectivity right in the Wear OS by Google app on Android smartphones. The new wearable enhances its owner’s luxury business lifestyle by staying connected at all times, even when the owner is away from his or her smartphone. The distinctive Montblanc design gives traditional watch lovers ways to express themselves whilst housing top-notch technology inside a 43.5mm pure steel case. A Snapdragon 3100, extended battery power of 440mAh and 1.28 inch AMOLED Screen are elegantly linked to a 22mm exchangeable strap. With a built-in speaker, Summit 2+ allows the owner direct access to services such as phone calls or the Google Assistant.
“Montblanc is taking a bold next step in the luxury wearables sector with its new Summit 2+, offering even more capabilities through Wear OS by Google, “ says Nicolas Baretzki, CEO Montblanc. “Designed to be a powerful daily companion, Summit 2 + links you to the world around you, enabling to stay active and connected at all times.”
Inspired by the design codes of the Montblanc 1858 collection, the new iteration of Summit watches offers several design expressions. With the built-in watch face configurator, over a thousand watch face combinations are possible by customizing indicators, background, hands and complications for a sophisticated watch face that never sleeps. The different case finishes – black DLC steel, stainless steel, rose gold coloured and bronze coloured steel can be combined with a variety of interchangeable strap options to allow customers to find their own style. Each timepiece is fitted with a rotating crown and two additional programmable pushers.
A Companion for Exploration
• Summit 2+ includes an outdoor toolbox with Speedometer, Altimeter, Barometer, Compass and GPS.
• With the help of Google Assistant*, daily tasks can be managed on the go. All notifications – including incoming calls, messages, social media updates and calendar events – are directly synched to the Montblanc Summit 2+ from a smartphone or, if connected directly from the cellular network. Additionally, the smartwatch offers built-in smart replies and other quick ways to respond with handwriting, keyboard or voice dictation.
• The watch faces remain visible at all times with the always-on colour ambient mode, while delivering a full day of battery life running Wear OS by Google. The battery life can be extended by an additional 3 - 5 days by deactivating smartwatch functionality while still showing the time at a flick of the wrist.
Making Travel A Seamless Adventure
• Summit 2+’s travel functions include the new Timeshifter®* app and watch face, providing personalized advice to minimize jet lag based on the traveller’s sleep pattern, chronotype, and flight plan. Used by astronauts and athletes, and based on the latest in sleep and circadian neuroscience, Timeshifter® provides timely updates and instructions directly on the Summit 2+ watch face, helping travellers to adjust fast to a new time zone.
• The new Montblanc Travel Info app provides relevant local traveller information and the voice activated translator gives its user direct translations from a multitude of languages directly to the watch’s display.
• With the addition of Google Pay**, meals, tickets and new experiences can be purchased in a fast easy way, without cash.
Reaching New Heights of Fitness and Wellbeing
• Achieving peak physical performance is a key function of Summit 2+. Refined workout coach with VO2max, a smart virtual fitness assistant that recommends personalized exercises and automatically adjusts to the user’s physical needs, providing the right pace and training intensity levels.
• Stress levels can be tracked and managed to improve personal health and wellbeing,and Summit 2+ features an improved Heart Rate Algorithm. The integrated GPS allows navigation and more precise fitness tracking when away from the phone.
*Firstbeat is a registered trademark of Firstbeat Technologies Oy
Google, Android, Wear OS by Google, Google Pay and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC. Wear OS by Google works with phones running Android 6.0+ (excluding Go edition) or iOS 10.0+. Supported features may vary between platforms and countries.
*The Google Assistant is not available in certain languages and countries.
**Google Pay is available for select countries and bank partners
*Timeshifter is not a trademark owned by Montblanc